- Intonation and Lollapalooza to return to Chicago, from the Tribune.
- From Copy, Right?, a blog devoted to covers, check out this video of Final Fantasy covering Bloc Party’s “This Modern Love.”
- Sadly only a short while after their US debut of Down In Albion, Babyshamble’s Frontman/Singer Pete Doherty has been jailed for heroin possession. Apparently this is the second time in a week, too. Oh well, go check out their website under the MP3 section for two free torrents of full album’s worth of material.
- NEW Umphrey’s CD due out April 4th, Safety In Numbers. Details from Umphreys.com:
Umphrey’s McGee is proud to announce the release of their third studio album, Safety In Numbers – in stores nationwide on SCI Fidelity Records, April 4, 2006! Produced by UM and their long-time engineer Kevin Browning, and recorded in the band’s hometown of Chicago, Illinois, Safety In Numbers features eleven amazing tracks, including many never-before-heard songs. With special guest musicians Huey Lewis and Joshua Redman, and cover art from renowned album designer Storm Thorgerson (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc.), Safety In Numbers represents the next step in the growth of Umphrey’s McGee.
Stay tuned for more information about Safety In Numbers as the release date approaches.
- The Grateful Dead Hour made $21,522 during yesterday’s marathon. Yay, check out their blog here, and listen weekly because it’s well worth it.
- Just got this in an email forwarding bit, but it’s actually true and could come in handy. Instead of paying $1.25 or whatever it is to call 411 you can did 1 (800) FREE 411 and get the same service for free. Get more info here at Snopes.com, quite a handy site for all your email hoax needs.
- Pepper has released a snippet off of their new album due this spring, a song called “Bring Me Along.”