I run a content marketing software company called Content Harmony.
Separately from the marketing world, I run a website called Insteading dedicated to homesteading & sustainability.
The Longer Version:
Hi, I’m Kane. I’m a marketer & founder based in Washington State.
I started out my web career by picking up “HTML 3.X For Dummies” at the library in 4th grade. I mostly tinkered with it until 2005, when I started publishing websites of my own using WordPress.
- Around 2008 I discovered that there was an entire community devoted to the concept of increasing organic search traffic – something I’d always gotten benefits from, but I had never thought to reverse engineer. For about 3-4 years I dived heavily into SEO & other digital marketing disciplines. I started out building and selling a handful of niche topic websites.
- Around 2010 I started working as the in-house business development manager and marketing manager at a vacation rental company called Rainier Lodging.
- In 2011, I transitioned to full-time client work, initially doing business as Hood Web Management.
- In late 2012, Hood Web Management took on our first full-time employees and rebranded as Content Harmony and operated as a content marketing agency for a number of years.
- In 2018, Content Harmony began building software and spun off our agency team as Fixture Media.
Content Harmony is now 100% software and serves SEOs and content marketers worldwide.
About Content Harmony:
Content Harmony helps content marketing teams plan and research content projects more effectively. We make it way easier to build detailed content briefs, and optimize your content for SEO requirements.
You can learn more about our product here, or take a look at some of our core features:
- Keyword Reports, featuring data on Search Intent, Topic Model, Competitor Outlines, Keyword Difficulty, Question Analysis, Image Analysis, Video Analysis, and International Keyword Research
- Content Briefs
- Content Optimization
Take a look at our top learning resources to get a feel for our content marketing approach:
- Beyond that, our Content Marketing Examples database has tons of content marketing gems that we love.
- You can see the types of companies we help and our case studies and results.
- See how we compare with Content Harmony alternatives like Clearscope, Frase, MarketMuse, and Surfer SEO.
Outside of the Marketing World:
I live with my family in Washington State. Through Fixture Media I operate an online community & blog called Insteading dedicated to gardening, homesteading, raising animals, and more.
In the past I’ve used KaneJamison.com to post some photography, host the archives of my old music blog BurningOak.com, and similar posts that don’t fit on my other websites. I update this site infrequently.
Get in Touch:
You can also email kanejamison [at] gmail (dot) com but I don’t check it frequently. If you’re reaching out regarding something in the marketing world, please contact kane [at] contentharmony (dot) com instead.