Well it’s the big day. No not Mother’s Day, it’s time to pick the winner of the Summer Camp Ticket Giveaway contest here at BurningOak.com. We had quite a few entries, about a quarter of which had 5 correct answers on the dot. Those went into a drawing for the ticket. Everybody who submitted one had at least 2 or 3 correct answers, so I decided to have a second place drawing with everyone for some free Summer Camp Artist CD’s, including releases by Public Property, Chris Berry & Panjea, Family Groove Company, Elsinore, and Alan Vasquez.
Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry to the contest, hope you all stick around once Summer Camp is through because we’ll still be featuring great music all the time.
The winner of the three-day pass to Summer Camp is: Josh Kremer.
The winner of the second-place package is: Shelley Jaspering. Shelley will recieve copies of Public Property’s What’s Goin On, Chris Berry & Panjea’s Dancemakers, Family Groove Company Live at Cubby Bear 06-03-2004, Elsinore’s On Display: A Live CD, and Alan Vasquez Live at Canopy Club, 06-16-2005. All of the albums listed are by artists who will be playing at Summer Camp.
Both winners have been sent emails, congratuations to them, thanks again to all who entered. The correct answers were as follows:
1) What year did Summer Camp begin?
2001 is the correct answer, since this is the Sixth Annual Summer Camp. There were a few old incarnations that sort of became Summer Camp once moe. got involved. They were Summer Sessions and Lake of the Woodstock.
2) Name the three stages at the festival.
The correct answers are Campground, Sunshine, and Main Stage. Extra super cool bonus points were awarded to those of you who added the Barn to the list, which is where all of the latenights are held. Sadly extra super cool bonus points aren’t worth anything.
3) How many artists are playing at the festival (according to the Summer Camp website). Note: this will not include Alan Vasquez and some other Thursday artists whose name have not been listed on the main Performers section. If that changes then both answers will be acceptable.
The correct count from the Performers page on the Summer Camp site is 46, though I was pretty generous with wrong answers to this if you had the rest correct.
4) Sunday’s Late Night show features members of what two headlining bands?
Members of the bands moe. and Umphrey’s McGee will split in half into squads and have two jam sessions.
5) Who was the first BurningOak.com Summer Camp Artist featured? Hint: check out “Categories.”
The correct answer is Backyard Tire Fire.